Monday, August 6, 2007
2. The program assisted my lifelong learning goals because one must keep learning new things and being exposed to new areas.
3. I guess the take-aways is how time consuming this process was. On the original paper we were informed that the exercises would only take around 15-20 minutes to complete. Almost every week the exercises took an hour or more. Many weeks watching a tutorial was involved that ran for 12 minutes so how could one possibly complete all the activities in the remaining time. So going into this process I figured as a substitute I could devote 15-20 minutes of my 15 hour schedule to this process. However when the time rose to one hour that is difficult to accomplish. In the end I started completing the tasks at home which is not fair to my family.
4. I really think this should be taught in a classroom where an instructor is available. I know we were supposed to ask others for help however in my substitute position where I move around and a lot of the time I work alone this is not possible. Also at this time of year the libraries are very busy with many activities including the summer reading club and it is difficult to find time to work on the things. It is even more difficult to work on the 23 things and wait on patrons at the same time.
5. I would probably participate and one needs to keep learning.
6. I believe I learned a lot in the 23 Things. One can marvel at the technology but also marvel at the time it takes to maintain that technology. I will return and continue to explore the areas presented. As far as blogging goes I have kept a diary since I was ten and I think I will continue to keep that diary on paper and off the internet. I have no desire to have others read what I write and comment on it.
Saturday, August 4, 2007
I looked at the Project Gutenberg and they seem to be very limited in their offerings. It seems to be only titles that are in the public domain or authors that want their work to be viewed regardless.
I am not fond of listening to audiobooks or reading books from the computer so I doubt I would download any titles.
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Monday, July 30, 2007
I created the text below in Zoho Writer and used the publish option and posted it to my blog. It was really easy and I was able to send it on the first attempt. I believe the online productivity tools could be a real asset to users.
Zoho Writer seems pretty cool. It seems to have the same layout of other word processors. One seems able to change fonts easily.
It would also save one from constantly purchasing the upgrades to their word processor because the upgrades would always be online.