Saturday, August 4, 2007

Thing #22

I did not create a Overdrive or NetLibrary account as I was working from my home computer. From the WCFL main page one can go to Maryland's eLibrary Consortium and explore all the titles without creating an account. In general fiction they have 177 pages including many of the popular authors such as Patterson and Roberts and plenty of others. In nonfiction they have lots of titles including seven pages of travel books. One thing I find kind of silly is that a book can be "checked out" after someone has downloaded and others cannot access it. Obviously the file is still available at the home site but I guess it is copyrighted so it can only be downloaded to one user.

I looked at the Project Gutenberg and they seem to be very limited in their offerings. It seems to be only titles that are in the public domain or authors that want their work to be viewed regardless.

I am not fond of listening to audiobooks or reading books from the computer so I doubt I would download any titles.

No comments: